In the first installment of our “frequently asked questions” series, I will be shedding a little light on the rather confusing subject of ammonia and the increasingly popular option of ammonia-free color. We will discuss the good and the bad of both, delving into a bit of the science behind the subject. Living in a world of increasing consumer awareness, hopefully this helps feed your curiosity.Read More
Welcome to a new addition to our website. You may be wondering, “why a blog?”…Read More
We believe the best beauty treatments start with the best products—and that’s why we use Eminence Skin care products at Venelle Salon & Spa. Wondering why we love them? Here are a few reasons we put Eminence on our shelves and in our treatments:
- They’ve been using sustainable farming and green practices to create natural, organic, and Biodynamic products since their inception in 1958—so they know their stuff.
- They use hand-picked and hand-mixed ingredients without any severe heating or hydrogenating processes that can affect their nutritional content and potency.
- Eminence products don’t contain harmful ingredients like parabens, petrolatum, mineral oils.
- You’ll only find Eminence products in spas and salons—because they’re designed to be most effective when used by a professional skin therapist.
- Most of their products are vegan and gluten-free, so it’s easy for us to tailor our treatments for clients who require a vegan or gluten-free experience.
Experience the Eminence difference for yourself: book a treatment at Venelle Salon & Spa in Park Slope today: 718-989-9855.
If all those beach days have worn out your shaving arm, we've got good news: it's almost laser hair removal season! The start of fall is one of the best times to start laser hair removal: Not only does your summer tan start fading, making it easier for the laser machine to target your hair follicles, but you're also probably wearing jeans instead of short shorts. Laser hair removal treatments make your skin more sensitive to light, making you more likely to burn when you're baring all by the pool or on the beach.
Ready to go bare? Visit venellesalonandspa.com/laser-hair-removal/ to check out our price list. Call 718-989-9855 to book your laser hair removal consultation at Venelle Salon & Spa in Park Slope, Brooklyn!
They don’t call it beauty rest for nothin’. While you’re dreaming about being BFFs with Jennifer Lawrence, your skin is hard at work. It does most of the heavy lifting on its own, but that doesn’t mean you can’t help it along. Get the most of your snooze time and wake up glowing with these tips...
What do Beyonce and Kate Winslet have in common? Both swear by HydraFacial MD for clear, even skin…ASAP.
- It’s a game-changer for sensitive skin, says StyleCaster. “Unlike with some manual extractions, strong pressure isn’t used, making the whole de-gunking process a heck of a lot more gentle and completely pain-free,” writes Erika Stalder.
- It’s fast. New Beauty awarded it “The Best Facial to Transform Your Skin” in the NewBeauty Beauty Choice Awards in the “Instant Results” category. “In just a matter of minutes, this skin-perfecting treatment removes dead skin and infuses your complexion with hydrating ingredients for a healthy, plumper and beautiful look overall,” their expert panel says.
- It can be customized. Case in point? Venelle Salon & Spa’s menu of HydraFacials:
HydraFacial Acne MD
This invigorating treatment includes LED light therapy and a non-aggressive chemical peel, which will treat acne, hyperpigmentation, and congested pores. All while leaving you feeling refreshed with exquisite results.
A rejuvenating skin resurfacing facial treatment that instantly reduces the look of fine lines & wrinkles. An infusion of hyaluronic acid, peptides, and antioxidants leave your skin feeling and looking years younger.
And more! Plus, opt to add on lymphatic drainage and more to your treatment. Book your HydraFacial (starting at $150) at Venelle Salon & Spa!
Hey, where’d those undereye circles come from? According to a survey from tanning company St. Tropez, you’re most likely to look your oldest at 3:30pm on Wednesdays. Of course, that only goes for those who aren’t lucky enough to grab Venelle’s Wednesday special. Come in for a $79 Eminence Organic Hungarian Facial, normally $95.
We’ll tailor the skin-saving facial to your skin, using the finest organic fruits, vegetables, and herbs to target your specific skin concerns. Just chill for an hour while we get to work cleansing, exfoliating, extracting (gently!), massaging, and moisturizing. Just let us know what to target with your facial treatment: Discoloration, lines or wrinkles, acne or oil control, dryness, firmness, delicate & sensitive, radiance, oxygenating, or a combination.
Consider it your Wednesday afternoon pick-me-up. Book your facial today at Venelle Salon and Spa!
Goodbye stubble, hello smooth skin from head to toe. Want the lowdown on soft wax vs hard wax before you book your waxing appointment? Here’s what you need to know before you smooth:
Soft waxing treatments use strip wax or honey wax—named that because it turns into the consistency of honey once heated.
How Soft Wax Works
After being heated, soft wax is applied in a very thin layer across the area to be treated. The skin care expert may apply a thin layer of powder before applying to protect the skin from being damaged when the strips are removed. Once applied, the soft wax is covered with a thin cloth such as muslin or another type of non-woven material. When the wax has set, the esthetician will then remove the strip, bringing the wax and hair with it.
Soft Wax Pros
We get it, you don’t have all day—soft wax can be applied and removed fast, and unlike hard wax, you don’t have to wait for it to harden.
Soft Wax Cons
Soft wax is more likely to cause ingrown hairs than hard wax, so keep that in mind if you have sensitive skin.
While soft wax is removed almost immediately, hard wax is allowed to cool and harden.
How Hard Wax Works
Instead of powder being applied to prepare the skin when using soft wax, apre-epilating oil is applied. Hard wax is also spread on the skin in a thicker layer—about the thickness of a nickel—and no cloths are used to remove it. Once hardened, the wax is removed very quickly, removing the unwanted hair along with it.
Hard Wax Pros
If you have sensitive skin or you’re going bare below the belt, hard wax is your friend. Because it only sticks to hair and not skin, it tends to be gentler on the bikini area. Hard wax is also especially good at removing tiny hairs (bye, lip fuzz).
Hard Wax Cons
Hard wax isn’t as efficient as soft wax, so it’s better saved for bikini waxes and Brazilians—soft wax is a better choice for arms and legs.