Simple steps to reduce premature skin aging
Many things cause our skin to age. Some things we can not do anything about, others we can influence.
One thing that we can not change is the natural aging process. It plays a key role. With time, we all get visible lines on our faces. It is natural for our face to lose some of its youthful fullness. We notice our skin become thinner and drier. Our genes largely control when these changes occur. The medical term for this type of aging is "intrinsic aging".
We can influence another type of aging that affected our skin. Our environment and lifestyle choices can cause our skin to age prematurely. The medical term for this type of aging is "extrinsic aging". By taking some preventive actions, we can show the effects that this type of aging has on our skin.
The sun plays a major role in prematurely aging our skin. Other things that we do also can age our skin more quickly than it naturally would. To help their patients prevent premature skin aging, dermatologists offer their patients the following tips.
1. Protect your skin from the sun every day. Whether spending a day at the beach or running errands, sun protection is essential.
2. Cleanse your skin gently. Scrubbing your skin clean can irritate your skin. Irritating your skin accelerates skin aging. Gentle washing helps to remove pollution, makeup, and other substances without irritating your skin.
3. Wash your face twice a day and after setting heavily.
3. Apply a facial moisturizer every day. Use organic products such as Eminence.
4. Stop using skincare products that sting or burn.